((ADDITIONAL ENGLISH WEB PAGE FOR READERS))

Sunday, March 21, 2010

I am a Public Relation chief minister, says Sheila Dikshit

Into her third consecutive term, Sheila Dikshit still considers herself a “PR (public relations) chief minister” having no control over police, civic agencies and land authority in the national capital.“I have the nomenclature of being a chief minister but I think I am more of a PR chief minister than a chief minister,” Dikshit said Saturday while speaking at the Asia Corporate Conference here.Her candid reply came when she was asked about problems she is faced with in heading the capital city.“The greatest problem is the multiplicity of authority. The federal government being in Delhi has its own advantages and very big disadvantages, as all the ministries want to have a say in Delhi,” she said.“I have to run from one ministry of government of India to other. I don’t have land with me, I need to ask for it, I need to buy it. I don’t have police with me, whenever people say that Delhi is not safe they blame me, they don’t know that I don’t have the police under me,” she added.

(way2online)
=====================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment